Services from Educational Management Services
Educational Management Services (EMS) provides services under the following areas: Financial Aid Services, Accreditation Assistance, Administrative Services and the m-FinAid.com Software System. EMS also provides additional professional services that are not listed. Feel free to contact us for further information.
EMS can assist your organization with accreditation preparation, approval, and compliance for organizations such as:
- Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
- National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences (NACCAS)
- Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
- Distance Education and Training Council (DETC)
Educational Management Services staff will review your school’s operation, recommend enhancements and assist in the development of forms, reports and other requirements for your Candidacy and Initial Accreditation status.
- Office Administration
- Fiscal Management
- Admissions and Recruitment
- Staff Training and Supervision
- Educational Objectives and Functions
- Programs & Curricula
- Student Services
- Accreditation Assistance
- Title IV Financial Aid Policies and Procedures
FINANCIAL AID SERVICES
Federal Accounting System
EMS verifies and monitors award authorizations to prevent over-expenditures and under-utilization of Federal Title IV funds by maintaining proper journals and ledgers based upon U.S. Department of Education recommended guidelines.
Financial Aid Processing
We can manage the entire financial aid process for your institution from transmitting and receiving student application records to awarding, requesting and managing the receipt and disbursement of Title IV funds.
- Review award calculations, award disbursements and student files
- Review return/refund calculations and determine amount due Title IV programs.
- Review and/or update student expense budgets
- Verify award levels and disbursement activities
- Review satisfactory academic progress standards and other policies affecting students’ eligibility for Title IV funds
- Review fiscal record keeping and reporting systems
- On-site training of financial aid staff
- Mock financial aid program reviews and/or audits
- Review default prevention policy and procedures
- Customized Financial Aid Policies and Procedures Manual
- Customized Student Consumer Information Handbook
- Financial Aid Workshops and Seminars
- Third-Party Reimbursement Processing
- Provide EMS “Newsletter” and articles of interest
Professional Judgment Decisions
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeals, unemployed student and parent income adjustments and numerous other professional judgment cases can be reviewed by our staff.
Program Review and Audit Assistance
We can provide assistance in responding to program review and audit findings and perform mock reviews to insure the school has in place clear audit trails and notify the school of areas to correct and/or update before an official audit or review.
Recordkeeping and Reporting
We assist schools with establishing clear audit trails for the receipt and disbursement of Federal funds and making sure records are maintained in “audit ready” status at all times. Assistance is also provided in reconciling and reporting expenditures according to Federal guidelines.
EMS, Inc. provides on-going staff training and professional development as part of the regular services provided to our schools. Our philosophy is all staff involved in the financial aid process should be trained and kept abreast of rules governing the Title IV programs. Staff training may also be contracted separately and may be provided on-site or at EMS facility.
Electronic Processing for Schools
Schools have the option of contracting with EMS, Inc. to perform all of the electronic processing required by the U.S. Department of Education. No need to invest in expensive computer equipment or download and manage Federal software. EMS, Inc. will:
- Transmit student FAFSAs (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) applications.
- Receive and review Students’ ISIR records
- Transmit ISIR corrections and/or updated information
- Transmit Federal Pell Grant and Federal Direct Loan applications
- Transmit Pell Grant and Direct Loan payment information
- Transmit enrollment reporting data
- Transmit electronic FISAP Report
- Provide schools with various lists and reports of all electronic transmissions
The m-FinAid.com website was developed as a tool to manage financial aid programs and processes. With m-FinAid, our clients are able to:
- Import ISIR records directly into the database.
- Electronically track all Pell Grants, Direct Loans and other awards.
- Create and update financial Aid packages and confirm all enrolled students have been packaged.
- Insert Notations on Student Disbursements and Award Packages.
- Determine Projected Cash Flow from Funding Sources.
- Much more. Please contact us for additional details.
Software Consulting and Training
- Edconnect (ED’s communications software)
- EDexpress (ED’s database software)
- COD (Common Origination & Disbursement System)
- NSLDS (National Student Loan Database System)
- FISAP (Fiscal Operations Report & Application to Participate in Campus-based Programs)
- E-APP (Institutional Application to Participate in Title IV Programs)